Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Completionist PVP – Soloing in Every Ship

Whatever game I play, I am a completionist. If a game doesn't have worthwhile goals I can accomplish, as well as a way to track one's progress, I don't bother with it. In EVE, by my rough estimates, I've recently hit 500 solo kills. The number of types of ships I've solo roamed in, though, is relatively low. I typically only fly ships when I am close to perfect (relevant) skills for the fit—I want to experience all the ship has to offer at its full potential. Some ships, by my lights, also need extra help to solo well—good implants (Sven just finished cybernetics V for just this purpose), for instance, or even combat links (an alt for links is also underway).

A long-term goal I have is to solo roam (at least once per “standard” fit) in every combat capable ship in EVE (as well as some that aren't so capable). I get an idea of "standard" fits primarily through lots of research--such as looking at the losses of players I consider good PVPers. Here is the (beginnings) of the remaining ships (it's pretty much everything besides Caldari and Gallente frigs and Minmatar destroyers!):

T1 Frigates:
Executioner
Punisher
Tormentor
Crucifier
Slasher
Rifter
Breacher
Maulus
Tristan

Navy/Pirate Frigates:
Navy Slicer
Hookbill
Firetail
Dramiel
Daredevil
Cruor
Worm
Succubus

Destroyers:
Corax
Cormorant
Coercer
Dragoon
Algos
Catalyst

Cruisers:
Moa
Caracal
Celestis
Exequror (small guns)
Vexor
Thorax
Omen
Arbitrator
Maller
Rupture
Bellicose
Stabber

Lacking “near perfect skills” has largely kept me from flying many of these boats, but I'm closing in on a few. Over the next few weeks, I will be flying a Caracal and a number of Thorax and Moa fits, as well as some Coercer and Punisher fits. This is actually a big step for me, almost completely new content I've yet to experience in EVE, as lasers and ships bigger than destroyers are foreign territory. I will also be tying this project in with another project, one tying together aspects of exploration (not the PVE system) and PVP, which I will be posting about soon.I hope to return to this list periodically, going into detail about the fits I used and my successes (or failures) flying them.

No comments:

Post a Comment